Sending a document for signature with RSign involves 2 steps, the first prepares the Envelope (which will 'contain' the document) and the second one prepares the Document itself. The first step is outlined below.
How to prepare an Envelope
1. Click on the SEND tab or the green SEND button. You will be taken to the Step 1/2: Envelope page where you will initiate the envelope preparation process.
2. Configure the Envelope Options: The options available for the envelope are populated with default values set within the Settings tab. If needed, you can adjust these under the Options panel.
3. Attach Files: You can select files to add from both your local hard drive or several popular cloud-based locations. You can also select Templates, Rules or Template Groups that have been previously created or shared with you.
- Drag and Drop: One or more files can be uploaded directly into RSign by dragging and dropping them from a file manager window or desktop, onto the whitespace under ATTACH FILES.
- When+ Document is selected, the Drives window pops open. Browse for the document location and select the files you wish to attach and upload.
Files must have one of the following file extensions:
- PDF: .pdf
- MS Office: .doc, .docx, .xls, .xlsx, .ppt, .pptx
- Image: .bmp, .gif, .ico, .jpg, .jpeg, .png
- Other: .tif, .tiff, .htm, .html, .txt
Uploaded documents will appear in the ATTACH FILES panel with the file name, source, document size and action required from the recipient (sign or review). If two or more files are uploaded, the file order can be rearranged by clicking on the six-dot graphic to the left of the file name and dragging the file up or down.
4. Add Recipients: Enter the required information
Order: This is the order in which the document is sent to the signers.
Type: It represents the role of the recipient. and it has the following options:
- Signer: Recipients will be asked to sign the document.
- Cc: Recipients will receive transaction notifications and copy of the documents signed or to be signed, based on the CC Options setting configuration.
- Prefill: The sender can enter any required information in the document on the web screen prior to sending the message. Once the information is complete, the document is sent to the signers.
Read the following article to learn more about the Prefill feature
Name: The recipient's first and last name.
Email: The recipient's email address.
X: Press this icon to delete a recipient.
Sign in sequence: This box may be checked to send the document for signature, in sequence, to multiple recipients based on the order they are placed in this section. If checked, the first signer must sign the RSign document before the signature request email is sent to the second signer. This sequence will continue until the last signer signs the document, or the transaction is canceled. You can define a custom sequence by assigning the corresponding number in the order column.
For the Sign in Sequence box to be available you will need to enable the feature in the Settings tab. To learn more, click on Sign in Sequence settings.
Note: If the sign in sequence box is checked, the order or the recipients will be 1,2,3,..., whereas if it is unchecked, the order will be 1,1,1.
+ Recipients: This button adds another recipient row.
Add Me: This button adds the sender’s name and email address to the bottom of this section as one of the signers.
Note: You may add recipients from your contact list by clicking on the contacts icon located in the recipient's Name field. The contact list includes all the contacts that were added to your personal contact list, as well as those that were added at a company level.
5. Add Message:
- Select a Message Template or type the desired subject and email body.
6. Press the Next button. This will take you to the next screen, Step 2 of 2 - Prepare the Document