A Rule is as a set of fillable field controls that are not associated with a specific document or form.
The Rule feature allows users to prepare a document or form as a reusable template where the fillable fields are static, but the added underlying document is dynamic. This feature allows users to save time by preparing the document or form with form field controls set and located on the document only in the non-dynamic locations.
Note: Before you can create a rule, make sure the setting Allow Users to Create and Use Rules has been enabled in SETTINGS > Template.
Creating a Rule
- To create a Rule, press the TEMPLATES tab and click Create Template or Rule
- Set the Name and Description options
- Make sure the setting Create Static Link for Template is set to N
Note: Rules are not compatible with the Static Link If a static link is enabled, you will not be able to save as a Rule but only as a Template.
- Create Roles. A Role is the type of signer that will complete the template.
- Press + Role and add the role of the signer(s). Example: Company Manager.
- Attach Files, either, Drag the document you wish to upload onto the whitespace under “ATTACH FILES” or click + Document.
- Select the location of the document(s) to be set as the template. Multiple documents may be added to a Rule. After the upload, the filenames of the attached document(s) will appear in the ATTACH FILES window.
- The ADD MESSAGE section stores the email subject and email body which is sent when the document is sent for signature. Enter a subject, select an existing signature and add any message or instructions then press Next.
- Prepare the document by dragging and dropping the form field controls from the icons on the bottom of the screen onto the desired location in the document. When you are done, hover your mouse over the Save As button and click Rule.
- The user is brought to the TEMPLATES Under the Type column, the type is labeled a Rule.
- Click the > (left side dropdown arrow) to view the template details.
Templates and Rules details table.
|Code||Unique code assigned to this Rule|
|Type||Template type (Template or Rule)|
|Created Date||Date and time the Rule was created|
|Link||Not applicable for Rules|
|Share||If the user has this RSign account registered under a company, the Rule may be shared with others within the same company|
|Delete||Click to permanently delete this Rule.|
|Copy||Click to copy this Rule|