If you need to sign or fill out portions of a document before sending it for signature you can do so by using the Prefill option.
How to pre-fill a document
1. Click on the SEND tab to be taken to Step 1/2: Envelope page.
2. Configure options, attach files and add the message text as you normally would.
3. Add recipients:
In the Type field, select PREFILL to automatically populate the sender’s name and email
4. Next, add the name and email address for each recipient as usual.
5. Click on the NEXT button to access Step 2/3: Prepare
6. Prepare the document: Drag and drop all the necessary Fillable Control Fields into the document.
7. When each individual Fillable Control Field is dropped into the document, an options menu will pop-up corresponding with the dropped fillable field. The menu will provide you with options on how to configure this field. For those fields that are to be pre-filled by you, select your name with the (P) at the end as the “Signer”. (P) stands for Pre-fill.
Read the following article to learn more about Fillable Control Fields
8. Click on the NEXT button to access Step 3/3 and proceed with the pre-filling process.
When all fields assigned to you for pre-filling are completed, the asterisks on the left column will turn green:
9. Once you have filled out all the fields press the green Submit button on the upper right corner
The document is now sent to the additional recipients for signature. The pre-filled fillable control fields completed by the sender will be visible when the document is viewed by other signers and will remain on the final signed and completed document.