As an RSign user, you may need to frequently include a standard message to the Signers/customers/clients when sending a document/envelope for signature. This can be done using Message Templates.
Create a Message Template
1. To create a Message template, click the TEMPLATES tab and click Create Message Template.
2. Set the Name and Description (example below):
a. Name: Name the Message Template.
b. Description: Assign a description to the Message Template.
3. ADD MESSAGE:
a. Enter the exact subject and email body that you would like to use for this template. This is the text that will appear this message template is selected in the SEND
b. You will also be provided with a ride range of tools to format this text, as well as, add a small photo.
4. Press Save.
5. You will now be returned to the main page of the TEMPLATES Your template will appear under “All Templates and Personal Message as a Message.
C. Template table details:
i. Code: Unique code assigned to this template.
ii. Name: Template name.
iii. Description: Template description.
iv. Type: the type will always be listed as Message.
v. Created Date: Date and time the Message Template was created.
vi. Link: Not applicable to Message Templates.
vii. Edit: Click to edit the Message Template.
viii. Delete: Click to permanently delete this Message Template.
ix. Share: If the user is within a company, the Message Template may be shared with others in the that account
1. To Share a Message Template:
2. In the SETTINGS tab Share Template/Rule/Message setting must be enabled to share a Message Template with other users under the same company account. This setting can be enabled for the whole company by a Customer Admin or you can enable it individually in settings. If the Customer Admin has enabled Override User Settings in the Company Settings tab, this setting will only apply if the customer admin also has Share Template/Rule/Message set to “Y” in Company Settings.
3. In the Templates tab Click the Share link to share the Message Template with others within the company account.
a. All other users within the company account will be able to add this message template by clicking the TEMPLATE
b. Once clicked scroll down to “Shared Templates and Rules.”
c. The Message Template can be added by clicking Add.
d. If the user is a Customer Admin he or she can force users to stop sharing the message template by clicking
Using a Message Template in the Send tab.
1. Click the Send tab.
2. Fill out “Step 1: Envelope” as normal.
3. When you get to “Add Message” click the dropdown menu “Message Template.”
4. Choose your Message Template.
5. The Message Template will be then generated in the text fields.
6. (Optional) You may then edit the text in “Add Message” to further customize the message specifically to the recipient(s).
7. Complete the process of preparing and sending the RSign document as normal.
1. When a recipient/signer receives the RSign document while using a Message Template, he or she will see the text generated in the Electronic Signature Request email request just as if it was hand-typed.