RSign has made signing a document so simple it's the easiest e-signature platform on the market to use. Here is a step-by-step guide for recipients to sign an RSign signature request.
Step 1: Invitation Email
The signer receives an email from the person initiating the signing request via email@example.com with the following information:
- The subject specifies it is an Electronic Signature Request
- Message headers: From, To, CC, Envelope ID.
- View & Sign Document.
- Email body composed by the sender.
Step 2: Click on the View & Sign Document Button
The signer clicks on the yellow View & Sign Document button to review and sign the attachment.
Step 3: Complete the Document
The link opens in a new browser tab that contains the RSign Document with a checklist of fillable field controls for the signer to complete.
- The icon minimizes the checklist to icons only and expands the document size to the full width of the browser.
- The Filter Icon allows the signer to filter the fields that need to be completed.
- Green boxes show the fillable field control is complete.
- White boxes show the fillable field control is not complete.
- The icon means the fillable field control is required.
The Top Toolbar
- The Finish Later button saves the document in its current form to be completed at a later date. To learn more please read our article about the Finish Later button
- The Decline button cancels the transaction and allows the signer to compose a note as to the reason. To learn more please read our article about the Decline button
- The Change Signer button allows the signer to change or update the signer’s name and email address. To learn more please read our article about the Change Signer button
The Fillable Control Fields
The fillable control fields are completed by clicking on the control and filling in or selecting the requested information.
- The Time & Date Stamp field is invisible to the signer and is added after the document is complete. Once the document is complete It will then appear in the selected location.
- The Label field is to mark the document with a highlighted label only, no action is permitted to this control.
- Only one Radio Button may be selected in a group.
If the signer has an RSign account they can Download or Save the signed document immediately after signing.
If the signer does not have an RSign account after signing they will be prompted to sign up for one.
If the signer chooses “No Thanks” they are brought to an RSign page confirming the process is complete. Some RSign plans allow the signer to be directed to a custom confirmation web page.
Both the sender and signer(s) will then receive an email with instructions on how to obtain the final signed document for their records.