A person who has received an RSign Signing Request has the ability to delegate signing the document to another person/email address. This could be because the original recipient does not have the signing authority, or if the request was sent to a catch-all inbox where it would then be directed to a more specific person.
- In the original signing request email, the recipient clicks the View & Sign Document icon. They are then brought to a new browser tab to begin the signing process. If the recipient then wishes to change signers or delegate the signing to another person, they click on the Change Signer button.
- A pop-up will appear where the signer may input the delegated signer’s name and email address. They may also add comments or the reason for changing the signer.
- After the green check box is clicked, the original signer is brought to a web page confirming the change.
- An email will then be sent to the sender letting them know the document was delegated to another signer.
- The new signer receives the invitation email to sign the document.
- After the document is signed, the sender, original recipient, and signer receive the final signed document.
- The signature certificate on the signed document will contain the audit trail of the signed document.
- The envelope in the Envelopes tab will contain the audit trail of the signed document.