This article goes over the entire RMail process of E-Sign using the RMail for Gmail. It covers the following topics:
Requesting electronic signatures
1. Once in Gmail, click on Compose
2. Enter the recipient's name, the subject, the body of the email, and attach the document that needs to get signed.
3. Click on the E-sign button to open the options window
4. Select the options according to your needs. Click on the Send Registered button
After a few seconds you will receive the Acknowledgment Email which confirms the email was sent.
To confirm the email was delivered you will receive a Registered Receipt within two hours of sending.
Providing electronic signatures
1. The recipient will get the signature request, where they will need to click on the yellow View & Sign Document button.
2. A new tab on their web browser will open with a quick signing instruction page.
3. After clicking on the Continue button, they will be directed to the document to review and sign.
The signer may:
- Draw on the document or script their signature with their mouse, finger or input device:
- Type or sign their name in a signature font:
- Add text to the document where needed:
Note: If you don't see some of these annotation options and wish to add them please contact your RPost Customer Success or Sales representative to enable them.
4. Click on the NEXT button, which brings them to the final touchpad screen where they may enter their name, signature and other fields before the document is returned signed to all parties. After complete, the signer presses the Click to Sign button.
5. Once all signers have signed, an email is returned to all parties with the signed document attached.
6. The signed document contains all the information inputted by the signer. It also contains a Time and Date stamp on the bottom left corner of every page.
7. The final signing certificate can be found appended to the last page of the document.