If someone who has received an RSign signature request is sent a document that they do not wish to sign, or cannot sign for whatever reason, they have the ability to decline signing the document as well as provide a reason for declining.
- The person who receives the signing request declines the document by clicking the link in the signature request email which will direct them to the signing page.
- On the signing web page, the potential signer clicks Decline.
- A pop-up will appear requiring the person declining the RSign document to provide a reason for doing so.
- After clicking the green check box on the pop-up, the person who declined to sign the document is directed to a web page confirming their submission.
- When someone declines to sign the document the Sender receives a notification that the document has been Terminated along with the note added by the person who declined.
If any other person was set to sign this document, all other persons will now be unable to and notified that this transaction has been Terminated.
- In the ENVELOPES tab the status for this RSign envelope is set to Terminated.
- When the sender expands this envelope in the ENVELOPES tab the last entry under Status will be listed as TERMINATED.
- If the signing request was sent to more than one person and one of them had already signed before another one declined, the sender can download a partially completed document containing the signature of the people who already signed. The sender does this by clicking on the green envelope icon in the upper right-hand corner. They click on More Actions and then download the partially signed document.