The Stamp Watermark onto Signer's Completed Document setting determines if a watermark will appear on the signed and completed RSign Document or Contract. Enabling a watermark can be useful to ensure the authenticity of a document and prevent potential tampering and can prevent this document from unauthorized use. This option is controlled from the SETTINGS tab.
The SETTINGS tab should be available for all RSign® user roles (RPost® Super Admin, RSign Support, Customer Admin, and User). If you are an end-user, you will be able to change your PERSONAL settings. If you use an Admin enabled account, you can change both COMPANY and PERSONAL settings. The Settings Tab includes settings for Admin, Sending, Template, Storage, System, E-Disclosure, Advanced, and Privacy.
This setting, Stamp Watermark onto Signers Completed Document, is available under the COMPANY and PERSONAL tab. If you do not see the options described in this article and wish to add them, please contact your RPost sales or account manager to enable them.
- Click the SETTINGS > Advanced.
The Advanced settings menu displays the Option column and the visibility settings including the Default Settings, Override User Settings & Lock Settings. In the following example, a company admin has chosen and locked the settings which is why there is a red lock symbol.
- Scroll down the Option menu to manage the Stamp Watermark onto Signers Completed Document and the two sub-settings: Text for Sender and Text for All Other
Stamp Watermark onto Signers Completed Document has the following defaults and options.
Default Settings: Stamp Watermark onto Signers Completed Document is set to “N” by default.
- N: If set to “N” there will be no watermark on the signed and completed document.
- Y: If set to “Y” there will be a watermark that appears on the final signed and completed document.
Note: There are two watermark options in the sub settings, Text for Sender and Text for All Other.
Text for Sender
- Text entered in the Text for Sender option determines the watermark text for the final Signed and completed RSign document that is sent to the original sender.
- The sender maintains this version of the executed contract and this is considered the Authoritative Copy for certain financial transactions.
- It will appear only for the sender in the upper right-hand corner of the document.
- This is also the watermark that will appear in the ENVELOPES tab when the Download button is clicked on the corresponding Envelope.
Example below of a Completed Document with Text for Sender Watermark “ORIGINAL: Sender Controls Authoritative Copy”
Text for All Other
- Determines the watermark for all people who are automatically sent the final signed and completed document that is not the sender. This includes signers and recipients that were Cc’d but not the Sender who is also a Signer.
- It will appear diagonally across the page from lower left corner to upper right
Example below of a Completed Document with Text for All Other Watermark “Recipient: COPY"
Note: There will be no watermark on the Signature Certificate page either amended to the final document or included separately.