The Registered Receipts™ generated from RMail can be managed and routed in several ways to fit your organizations needs and software configurations. This article shows three options for how to route and manage Registered Receipts™ if you are using Outlook and one option using RPortal to manage settings. The following sections are covered:
- Install the latest RMail for Outlook App
- RMail for Outlook: End-user receipt option using rules
- RMail for Outlook - Powershell Script option
- Setting receipts routing in RPortal using Customer Admin option
RMail for Outlook: End-user receipt option using rules
As an RMail for Outlook user, all RMail® Registered Receipt™ records are by default delivered into the sender's inbox. To automatically move these receipt records from the inbox into a separate folder, the end user can use Outlook's native rules and folder creation options.
Here is how to use these native Outlook rules:
- In Outlook, right click on your Inbox and select New Folder
- Type the new folder name in the appearing box.
Suggested name: “RMail Receipts”
Hit Enter to create the folder.
- When your first RMail Registered Receipt email arrives, right click on the Receipt email, click on Rules in the menu options, and click Always Move Messages from: Receipt
- In the pop up, select the folder you would like your Registered Receipt™ email records to be automatically moved into. Using the previous example, select the created folder named RMail Receipts.
- If you already have a large number of RMail® Registered Receipt™ emails in your inbox, the following pop up box will automatically appear and run the rule in your Inbox (start moving all receipts to the selected folder). The pop up window will be automatically closed after all receipts were moved.
Install RMail for Outlook App
Another option for automated Registered Receipt™ routing is to install the full version of RMail for Outlook for all or some users, even if you are additionally using RMail Gateway. This automatically installs the Receipt Routing rules.
Note: depending on your service plan, you may need to upgrade your plan levels for use of RMail for Outlook App and the RMail Gateway service. Please check with your customer success manager.
RMail Outlook PowerShell Script for Registered Receipt™ Folder
This Outlook PowerShell script is recommended for users that send RMail messages using the RMail Gateway, RMail APIs, or RMail SMTP routing services and would like the RMail Registered Receipt™ email records and e-sign final signed PDF records to be automatically sorted and routed to designated subfolders of the Outlook inbox.
This script creates designated folders and then creates the routing rules to route these specialized RMail return messages to these receipt and contract folders.
You will need to run PowerShell with Administrator privileges for it to work correctly.
- Start PowerShell using search (all Windows versions)
- Then, click on the Windows PowerShell result.
- To run PowerShell as administrator, right-click on the Windows PowerShell search result, and then select "Run as administrator."
An Outlook administrator or IT administrator will need to use standard practices to deploy this script to users who prefer the convenience of automatic sorting of RMail receipt and contract records.
- If you want to deploy the script using a Group Policy, the machines will need to be part of the domain.
- If you have users working from home and are not part of your domain you would need to run the script on each machine or create the folders and rules manually.
Note: If you have the RMail for Outlook app installed, you do not need to use this script as this script is automatically installed when installing the RMail for Outlook app.
RPortal: Customer Admin Routing Settings
The RMail Gateway customer administrator may also have or request permissions to automatically route all originals or route a copy of all Registered Receipt™ email records to a specific email address.
Before copying or re-routing the RMail Registered Receipt™ records to a designated mailbox, the customer administrator must confirm that the address designated to receive these Registered Receipt email records has sufficient storage and does not have rate limiting/throttling enabled.
If re-routed settings are enabled, the end user (RMail Sender) will receive copies of the Registered Receipt records in their normal inbox.
Setting Receipts Routing Rules in RPortal
- The customer administrator needs to have this enhancement enabled.
- In RPortal, go to Company Accounts and select your account.
- Go to Settings
- Under Company Settings go to Email Routing:
- Receipt copy address:
By setting a copy address email, all RMail Registered Receipt™ records will be sent to the sender (RMail user) and to the specified email address to receive the copy.
- Receipt re-route address:
By setting a re-route address email, all RMail Registered Receipt™ records will not be sent to the sender (RMail user) and instead will be re-routed to the specified email address.
Customer administrators may also set unique email receipt routing options for each user by clicking on Users, selecting the desired user in your account, and setting the appropriate Email Routing addresses for that specific user.