- Microsoft Windows (contact RMail for instructions if you are using a Mac).
- An IMAP compatible mail client like Microsoft Outlook or Gmail.
Step 1: Set up the Mailing List
First, open Microsoft Excel and import the email addresses and first names (optional).
- Column A: First Names
- Column B: Email Addresses
- Note: If there are no first names, place the email addresses in Column A.
Next, convert all email addresses to RMail-ready addresses by adding the suffix .rpost.biz to the end of the recipient address.
When Column A contains the list of first names and Column B contains the list of email addresses:
- Place all the names in Column A starting with cell A1 and all the email addresses in Column B starting with B1.
- Add the following formula to cell C1 =IF(B1="","",B1&".rpost.biz")
- Drag the bottom right corner of cell C1 cell down equal to the number of rows containing email addresses.
When Column A contains the list of email addresses:
- Place all the email addresses in Column A starting with cell A1.
- Add the following formula to cell B1: =IF(A1="","",A1&".rpost.biz")
- Drag the bottom right corner of cell B1 cell down equal to the number of rows containing email addresses.
Finally, confirm all addresses in Column B contain the suffix .rpost.biz (example below) and save the spreadsheet to your desktop or other location.
Step 2: Prepare the Message Body Content
- Open a blank Word document.
- Type the body of the email message in the Word document.
- Navigate to Mailings > Start Mail Merge > E-mail Messages.
Step 3: Link the Mailing List to the Email Message
- Navigate to Mailings > Select Recipients
- Select Use an Existing List…
- Navigate to and select the Excel Spreadsheet with the email addresses.
- Uncheck the box, “First row of data contains column headers”.