The RMail service allows the sender to send their document with the option of “Sign Only” where the signer(s) can view and complete the signing process without annotating the contract. The sender can have the signer’s information like: Name, Date, Title (optional) and Signature printed at the required location within the contract using the form field tags.
Form field tags should be used in the following format in a Microsoft Office or PDF document:
Where “X” is the signer’s order of signing. Example: In case of two signers, the tags used within the document would be: <<Signature1>> and <<Signature2>>, and signer who signs first would have their signature printed on the location of <<Signature1>>.
Form field tags may be used with:
- Single or Multiple signers
- Parallel or Sequential signing process
- Document locked or unlocked (annotation on/off)
Tags: Settings to configure first
- Contact an RPost Representative to provision your RMail account
- If you will be using RMail Tags with the Outlook Desktop plug in you will have to log into your company's RPortal account and verify the following settings under your Company Account:
Company Accounts > Settings > Electronic Signatures > Document Annotation > Set by App
Tags: Creating the document
- Open the MS Office or PDF file that will be sent for signature
- Navigate to the section within the document where the signer(s) information would be captured
- Enter the required tags on the Word or PDF document for the signer - tags shown in red circle
- Save the document
- Compose a new email and attach the document to this email
- Enter the signer information in the To field
- Click Send Registered RMail button
- Check off Tags box in the 'E-Sign - send for signature' section and click Send in the RMail Sending Options window.
- Recipient will receive the email with the signing instructions and click the “Click here” link to begin signing
- The link will open in the default browser and display the signing instructions.
- Click “Continue” on the signing instructions to view the contract.
- The signer can then view the complete contract along with the requested Tag fields at the bottom.
Note: As this is sent for Sign Only, the signer won’t be able to make any annotations on the document other than adding the requested information in the Tag fields.
- Once finished reviewing, the signer would click on the “FINISH” button available on the top-right corner, to proceed to the final step.
- After clicking the red "FINISH" button the window prompting the signer to enter their name, title, initials and signature will appear, after entering the information, the signer clicks the red "Click to Sign" button to complete the process.
- To complete the signing process, signer will click the red Click to Sign button and the confirmation page will be displayed
- The signed contract would be emailed to all parties – Sender and the Signer(s)
- The signed contract would be listed as a PDF attachment in the received email. The information entered by the signer on the last step would be available within the signed contract.
- The signed contract PDF will also include the signature certificate as the last page of the contract.