When opening a PDF file in Adobe Acrobat that contains a digital signature created using RSign, at times, the digital signature may display a message such as:
- Validity Unknown
- Signature not Verified
- At least one signature has problems
These notifications occur when the digital certificate and digital signature associated with the RSign PDF have not been verified within the user's system.
Please follow the steps below to verify the digital certificates and digital signatures received from trusted sources:
1. Open the PDF file in a PDF reader program
2. Left-click on the Digital Signature field
3. Click on "Verify Signature"
4. Click on "Properties"
5. Click on "Verify Identity"
6. Add "Contact information for certificate owner:"
7. Click on "Add to List"
8. Click on "Close"
9. Click on "Verify Signature." The "Validity Status" should now show "Signature is valid"
10. Click on "Close." Digital Signature should now display a checkmark and "Signature Valid"
View the RSign Document in a New PDF Reader
If you are having issues viewing signatures or other data created with RSign in Adobe Acrobat It may be helpful to open the document in a new PDF reader.
1. The easiest way to do this is to open a new tab on a modern web browser, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge, or Safari.
2. Next, go to the file location of the PDF with the issue.
3. Drag the file into the web browser window.
4. View the document and confirm if fields are still missing.
If everything appears as expected the document was likely completed as expected when using RSign.