How to register and activate your user for the RMail app for Outlook plug-in
1. Open Outlook.
2. Complete the required one-time registration process for the RMail service necessary for these processes:
- The RMail app for Outlook uses a token to verify the identity of the sender for added security.
- File Share, Large File Transfer service, uses an asynchronous web services connection to securely upload to the RMail Cloud. The one-time log-in is required to confirm the identity of the sender using this feature.
3. The registry is written when the MSI is run during installation. If the App is pushed out to multiple users, the registration wizard appears when the user starts Outlook with the Add-in running if the user is not already registered.
4. Open Outlook and click on the activation link in the RMail Activation Email sent from email@example.com. If you do not see the activation email in your inbox, please check your junk mailbox.
5. Your account should now be active to use the RMail app for Outlook plugin
6. Press New Email and make sure you have the new Send Registered RMail button
Note: The registration wizard will appear on Outlook startup. It will continue to appear on startup until the user registers. If they press Cancel the wizard won’t reappear until they either restart Outlook or try to use some RMail functionality.
How to activate your email address with the RPost for Outlook Button:
If you are still missing the RMail button after installing the plug-in, or you need to change your email or have forgotten your password, this activation process should be repeated.
To resolve any password, activation or login issues with your RMail app for Outlook Button, please go about the steps in the order below:
Note: Your system must be on-line, (connected to the internet) for any of these steps to work, as they involve communicating with our servers. If your are using Outlook off-line, you must connect it first for this step.
1. Within Outlook: Go to FILE > RMail Settings.
2. Click on “RMail Account” in the left column section of the RPost Options window.
3. Verify that the email is correct.
4. If you have not yet registered your new RPost button:
- Click on “Resend Activation Link”.
- If the "Resend Activation" is a clickable link, clicking on it will send you an activation email.
- If the “Resend Activation Link” is grayed out your button is already registered. Read the following article to learn about Resetting your password.
- Go to your inbox and click on the registration activation link. This should open a webpage that confirms the activation.