Please refer to the following short video covering the installation steps for the RMail Outlook Desktop plugin. The step-by-step process is also detailed below.
To install the RMail App for Outlook Desktop onto a Windows computer please follow these steps:
1. Ensure you have Administrative Rights with your computer
2. Close Outlook
3. Uninstall any previous versions of the RMail App for Outlook from Add or Remove Programs
4. Open the RMail Apps Marketplace: https://www.rmail.com/apps/
5. Select RMail for Outlook Desktop
6. Confirm the bit version of Microsoft Office
a. Open Outlook
b. Press File
c. Press Office Account
d. Press About Outlook
7. Select the bit version of your Microsoft Office program
8. Click Download Now
9. Save and Run the installation file
10. Follow the installation instructions
The installation .msi will automatically detect the correct bit version and path.
Instillation path for Outlook x32bit will be C:\Program Files (x86)\RMail\
The installation folder path for Outlook x64bit machine will be be: C:\Program Files\RMail
1. Open Outlook
2. Complete the requited one-time registration process for the RMail service necessary for these processes:
a. The RMail App for Outlook uses a token to verify the identity of the sender for added security.
b. The LargeMail, Large File Transfer service, uses an asynchronous web services connection to securely upload the to the RMail Cloud. The one-time log-in is required to confirm the identity of the sender using this feature.
3. The registry is written when the MSI is run during installation. If the App is pushed out to multiple users, the registration wizard appears when the user starts Outlook with the Add-in running if the user is not already registered.
4. Open Outlook and click the activation link in the RMail Activation Email sent from firstname.lastname@example.org. If you do not see the activation email in your inbox, please check your junk mailbox
5. Your account should now be active to use the RMail plugin
6. Press New Email and make sure you have the new, Send Registered RMail button
Note: The registration wizard will appear on Outlook startup. It will continue to appear on startup until the user registers. If they press Cancel the wizard won’t reappear until they either restart Outlook or try to use some RMail functionality.