Xerox releases the first-ever scan-and-send-encrypted service into its multi-function printers (MFP), available immediately in all countries, to simplify digitizing documents and workflows with necessary underlying security, privacy, and compliance.
This new Xerox functionality is called Xerox Connect app for RMail and automates sending MFP scanned documents as attachments to encrypted email, with certified tracked e-delivery and auditable proof of compliance, regardless of file size.
Xerox Connect RMail app includes Registered Email™ certified e-delivery tracking and proof, two email encryption modes, and automatic secure large file transmission for scanned files up to 1GB per send. And all users also have access to RSign®, feature-rich electronic signature services by RPost.
- Provides seamless workflow for capturing paper documents as a scan or file and sending securely (encrypted) via RMail® email encryption service. This lets users scan using the normal MFP functionality, and then automatically send the file, regardless of size, encrypted with a returned Registered Receipt that tracks and certifies encrypted delivery.
- From the Xerox MFP, RMail transmits scanned files as an encrypted email with options for:
- Transmission or Message Level encryption
- Automatic convert to large file send mode, up to 1GB per send
- Automatic open tracking
- Automatic Registered Receipt™ email e-delivery proof record
- Installing the Xerox Connect RMail app requires:
- Xerox Multifunction Printer (MFP) that can install Xerox Connect Apps
- RMail user account (register free here)
Learn more at https://www.rmail.com/xerox. This functionality is available for Xerox customers directly or through the RPost or Xerox channel partner program globally. Users can use the same user account to also send RMail from Outlook, Gmail, and other RMail apps
Access the Xerox Connect RMail app here.
Access the Xerox Connect for RMail Quick Start Guide here.
Access the Xerox Connect RMail Product Overview (download below)