A Signature Certificate is a document that is included either as a page at the end of the completed document or as an extra attachment included with the final signed and completed document, depending on how the setting Include Signature Certificate on PDF is set.
It details the signature of all the signers, sender and signer information, and an audit trail and metadata related to the documents of the corresponding envelope ID.
The Signature Certificate may also be found in the Envelopes Tab. When the expander arrow icon is clicked, the envelope information is displayed to include the details of that transaction. Click on the green envelope on the right for more available options. In the pop-up window you will have the option to download the Signature Certificate.
Sections of the Signature Certificate
Envelope Data: It contains detailed transaction information.
- Subject: Reflects the entered subject line in the "Add Message" section for that transaction.
- Documents: Includes the file name of every document attached and sent in that transaction.
- Document hash: It is the digital fingerprint of the documents and confirmation of their veracity.
- Envelope ID: This is the unique identification code of the RSign envelope, used for confirming the veracity of the transaction and for customer support cases.
- Sender: Displays the name of the person who created and sent the document for signature. If the envelope was generated via template with a static link (also known as RForm), it confirms the name of the person whose RSign account generated the template.
- Sent: Displays the date and time of when the envelope was sent for signature. If this transaction was generated via template with a static link, the sent date will represent the moment the static link was accessed and the document was filled out.
- Status: Displays the final completion status of the envelope.
- Status date: Provides the date the final status of the transaction was updated.
- Terms of service: Displays if the terms of service (TOS) were accepted, if applicable, by the signers.
- Access authentication: It specifies if a password or code was required for the recipient to open the document.
- Email access code: Specifies if the Email Access Code checkbox was checked when using access authentication.
Recipients/Roles: Displays the names of the recipients of the signing request, as well the people who were sent a carbon copy (CC) of the document and were not required to sign.
- Name / Role: This column displays the name of each recipient of the transaction.
- Address: This column displays the recipients' email addresses used in the transaction.
- Type: This column displays each stakeholder's role, whether sender, signer, or CC.
Document Events: This displays the document audit trail. It displays all the events from when the document was created and sent for signature until it is signed and fully completed. The document events are ordered from first to last completed.
Signer Signatures: This section displays the name and signature of each signer.
Terms of Service: Displays the written terms of service the signer had to accept before filling out and signing. The terms of service will only appear if the setting Display Terms of Service in the Signed PDF Signature Certificate is set to "Y" in the Settings tab.