Envelope Data Columns
There are seven sortable columns of data pertaining to each envelope.
- Drop-down arrow: Expands the complete transaction data for that envelope
- Envelope Code: This column list the system generated unique code which is assigned to the envelopes sent from the RSign system. These codes can be treated as the identifier of the envelopes within RSign.
- Subject: This column lists the subject of the sent envelope.
- Current Status: This column lists the latest status of the sent envelopes. The value of this column is updated based on the actions taken on the envelope.
- Sent: This column lists the date and time when the envelope was sent for signing.
- Completed: This column displays the date and time when the envelope was completed. The value of this column is updated based on the actions taken on the envelope. If the document is Waiting for Signature and the expiration date is within 7 days, then this column would show the expiration date information.
To sort sent documents, click the name located above each column. The arrow after the column header displays if the column is sorted in ascending or descending order. The completed column cannot be sorted.
By default, sent envelopes are sorted by date from newest to oldest.
When the drop-down arrow is pressed, the envelope information is expanded to include the details of that transaction.
1. Envelope Code: The unique code for this transaction
2. Document Name: The name of the document(s) sent in this transaction. Click the name of the document to download the original uploaded copy of the document as it was uploaded to RSign.
3. Signature Certificate: Click the download icon to download the signature certificate for this envelope. This column will appear only when the document is signed and completed.
4. Sender: The name of the sender of this envelope.
5. Recipients: Recipient Name(s)
6. Sign in Sequence: Shows if the document was sent for sequential signing (Yes) or first-come (No)
7. Email Body: Displays the text of the initial signature request email. This will appear dependent on if “Store Email Body” is set to “Y” in the Settings
8. Terms of Service: If this envelope required a TOS, this column will confirm if it was accepted by the signer(s) before signing.
9. Envelope Settings: Click “View Settings” to the view the settings and configurations of this envelope. This includes the envelope code, General Settings, Admin Settings, and System Settings.
a. The Envelope Settings can be printed or downloaded by clicking the “Print” or “Download” icons in the upper right-hand corner respectively.
Figure 1 Example of Envelope Settings Page
- Date & Time Stamp: Date and time the original document was sent.
- Status: Current status of the document includes the following states:
- Waiting for Signature
- Update and Resend
- Incomplete and Expired
- Transaction Cancelled
- Recipient: Recipient name and email address.
- Original Recipient: Original recipient name and email address if the document is delegated to another signer.
- Updated By: Name and email address of the user that resends a document.
- IP Address: IP Address from where the document was sent (sender) and from the address(es) the document was opened (Signer).
Expanded Envelope Buttons
Completed Status: If the option, Store signed PDF is set to Y, the signed document is stored in the MANAGE tab and can be downloaded by clicking the Download button.
Completed Status: If the Store signed PDF and Include Transparency Document options are set to Y, the transparency document is stored in the Manage tab and can be downloaded by clicking the Download Transparency button.
Waiting for Signature: The user can to re-send the document to any or all pending signers.
Waiting for Signature: If the contract has yet to be completed by one or more signers, the user can cancel the transaction and end the signing process.
Waiting for Signature: If the contract has not been opened, viewed or signed you can modify the contents of the document and resend it. Once updated, the original email request to sign the document becomes void. All previous recipients will receive an email with a new link to sign the updated document.
Exception: The subject and body of the envelope cannot be changed.
Incomplete and Expired: If the document has expired, the user may download the expired document in its current form. When the document is sent to multiple signers, the downloaded document will show the information and signatures of all parties that have completed the signing process.
Terminated: If the document is terminated, the user may download the terminated document in its current form. When the document is sent to multiple signers, the downloaded document will show the information and signatures of all parties that have completed the signing process.
Transaction Cancelled: If the transaction is cancelled, the user may download the terminated document in its current form. When the document is sent to multiple signers, the downloaded document will show the information and signatures of all parties that have completed the signing process.
All transactions: All envelopes show the Download Document Data button in the MANAGE This information is in XML format and contains the audit trail of that envelope.
Sample Audit Trail in XML Format