If you lost the sent copy of an email that you sent, you can still obtain a copy of the sent email by going about the steps below. To start, you will need to find the Registered Receipt for the sent email in question.
Steps to recover a copy of what you sent:
- Find the Registered Receipt for the email that you are trying to find. The RPost Registered Receipt email is sent to one of your folders (in Outlook) called either “(R )eceipts” or “RMail Receipts”. These come about two hours after an RPost email is sent.
- Once you find the Registered Receipt (for the sent email you wish to recover), you will see a message near the top of the registered receipt that says “To authenticate this receipt, forward this email with its attachment to…” and that address should be email@example.com (or firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Click the FORWARD button to forward-sent the Registered Receipt to whichever address is listed in that “to authenticate message”
- Make sure you include all attachments when you forward the email to email@example.com (or firstname.lastname@example.org, (whichever your Registered Receipt says to send to).
- Wait about 10-15 minutes. You will receive an Authenticated Registered Receipt email, which looks similar to a regular Registered Receipt email.
- It will include more attachments. One of those attachments will be a copy of your sent item.