Some organizational workflows may need to be able to download an XML file for one or more RSign transactions. RSign supports the ability to turn this feature on or off in the Settings tab. Once enabled, the XML file can be downloaded within the envelope of the RSign document in the Manage folder.
Include envelope data (XML) in the Manage Tab is located under Admin Settings in the SETTINGS tab of RSign.
1. Options: Lists the Setting Include envelope data (XML) in the Manage Tab.
2. Default Setting: Lists the value for Include envelope data (XML) in the Manage Tab.
a. N: Hides Envelope Data (XML) button within the MANAGE folder for all envelopes.
i. An XML file will always be created for each RSign document and can be accessed by changing this setting from N to Y. This setting only hides the option to download the XML within the envelope.
b. Y: Provides an option to download an XML file for all RSign envelopes within the MANAGE
i. To download the XML file, open the corresponding envelope and click Envelope Data (XML) and follow the prompts to save or open the XML file.
3. Once a selection for Include envelope data (XML) in the Manage Tab is made, scroll to the bottom of the settings page and click Save.
a. Your setting selection will now be applied.
Open the XML File
1. In most cases the easiest way to view an XML file is to click Envelope Data (XML) in the expanded envelope.
2.You may then be prompted to save or open the XML file. Open the file with the web browser you are currently using. For example, Firefox or Google Chrome.
3. You will now be able to view the XML file.
Saving and opening the XML File
1. Alternatively, once you click Envelope Data (XML) you can choose to save the file.
2. Open a web browser window, locate the XML file and drag the file onto the browser window and release.
3.You will now be able to view the XML file.
Example of XML File