RSign has made signing a document the easiest on the market. We walk someone who needs to sign the RSign through the process step-by-step.
Step 1: Invitation Email
One or more persons, the signer(s), individually receive an email from the person initiating the signing request via email@example.com with the following information:
1. Notice an email is sent to electronically sign.
2. Message headers: From, To, Envelope ID.
3. View & Sign Document
4. Email body composed by the sender.
5. Instructions to reply to the email with questions.
Step 2: Click the View & Sign Document Button
The signer is then instructed to click the View & Sign Document button.
Step 3: Complete the Document
The link opens in a new browser tab and will contain the RSign Document with a checklist of fillable field controls for the signer to complete.
1. The and to the left and right of the Checklist title, and/or the Tab key on the keyboard, navigate the controls.
2. The icon minimizes the checklist to icons only and expands the document size to the full width of the browser.
3. Green boxes show the fillable field control is complete.
4. White boxes show the fillable field control is not complete.
5. The icon means the fillable field control is required.
1. The Finish Later link saves the document in its current form to complete at a later date.
2. The Decline link cancels the transaction and allows the signer to compose a note as to the reason.
3. The Change Signer link allows the signer to change or update the signer’s name and email address.
Form Field Control Boxes
Some controls may have colored boxes on the top left corner.
1. Green Box: The fillable field control is completed.
2. Blue Box: The fillable field control is optional.
3. Red Box: The fillable field control is required.
Fillable Field Controls
The fillable field controls are completed by clicking on the control and filling in or selecting the requested information.
1. The Time & Date Stamp control is invisible for the signer and is added after the document is complete. Once the document is complete It will then appear in the selection location.
2. The Label control is to mark the document with a highlighted label only, no action is permitted to this control.
3. Only one Radio Button may be selected in a group.
1. After the document is complete the signer will be prompted to either sign into RSign if he or she has an account or sign up for RSign if he or she does not have an account. Please see the diagram below.
If the user does not have an RSign account:
If the user has an RSign account:
If the document is now completed by all parties the signer will also be able to download a copy of this document by clicking the in the top right-hand corner of the notification prompt.
2. If the signer does not choose to “Log In” or “Sign Up” he or she is brought to an RSign page confirming the process is complete. Some RSign plans allow the signer to be directed to a custom confirmation web page.
If the user already has an account and chooses to “Log in” he or she will be directed to the RSign Home Screen.
If the user does not have an account chooses to “Sign up” he or she will be directed to the RSign Sign In page. Here the user can sign into RSign for the first time.
3. Both the sender and signer(s) will then receive an email with instructions on how to obtain final signed document for their records.