When a person receives an RSign signature request, he or she may need to download a copy of the RSign document before filling it out. This is necessary because the signer of the RSign document may prefer to review a print copy before signing or to keep a blank copy for his or her records. The signer can do this by clicking the Download icon on the top toolbar of the document he or she is tasked with signing.
Downloading the Unsigned Document
1. When the signer of an RSign document clicks the View & Sign Document button on the email inviting him or her to sign the document, a new web browser tab will automatically open to begin the signing process. To save the unsigned document the signer clicks the download icon as shown in the image below.
2. Dependent on the signer’s browser and computer settings a prompt will appear asking the signer to save the document.
3. The signer then follows the prompts to save the PDF file on his or her computer.
Viewing Saved Unsigned Document
1. The unsigned document will be saved in PDF format.
2. The saved unsigned document will retain all of the form fields required by the Signer to sign; however, the form fields will only be marked as the form field in the unsigned document.
a. For example, the space where the sign is asked to place a date in the document, the unsigned document will contain the text “[ Date ]”.