A Rule is as a set of fillable field controls are not associated with a specific document or form.
The Rule feature allows users to prepare a document or form as a reusable template where the fillable fields are static, but the added underlying document is dynamic. This feature allows users to save time by preparing the document or form with form field controls set and located on the document only in the non-dynamic locations.
In the SETTINGS tab, under ADMIN SETTINGS, you have the option to enable or disable Allow users to create Rules.
1. Option: Lists the option “Allow users Create Rules”.
2. Default Settings: Controls if a Rule can be created in the Templates tab.
a. N: The option to create a Rule in the templates tab is disabled.
b. Y (default): a Rule can be created within the Templates tab.
To create a rule, please follow the steps below:
Preparing a Rule:
1. Enable the setting, Allow users to create Rules.
2. Create a Template with the understanding that the underlying document will not be saved, but only the added fillable field controls.
3. Save the form as a Rule.
Applying the Rule:
1. Click the SEND tab and upload a document that you wish the Rule fields will apply to.
2. Click +Rule and add the Rule you wish to apply.
3. Configure all other envelope settings as necessary, click “Next”.
4. Review the document, add or delete any other fillable fields and send it for signature.
Creating a Rule
1. To create a Rule, press the TEMPLATES tab and click Create Template or Rule
2. Set the options (sample below):
a. Name: Name the Rule.
b. Description: Assign a description to the Rule.
c. Allow Template Editing: This feature does not apply to creating a rule. This setting should be ignored and will not change anything if set to “Y” or “N”.
d. Rules are not compatible with the Static Link If static link is enabled, you will not be able to save as a Rule but only as a Template.
3. Create Roles. A Role is the type of signer that will complete the template.
4. Press + Role and add the role of the signer(s). Example: Company Manager.
5. Attach Files.
a. Either, Drag the document you wish to upload onto the whitespace under “ATTACH FILES”
b. Or click + Document.
6. Select the location of the document(s) to be set as the template. Multiple documents may be added to a Rule.
7. The attached document will appear in the ATTACH FILES
8. The ADD MESSAGE section stores the email subject and email body which is sent when the document is sent for signature.
a. Sample subject and email body.
9. Press Next.
10. Prepare the document by dragging and dropping the form field controls onto the desired location.
11. Hover the mouse over Save As and click Rule.
12. The user is brought to the TEMPLATES Under the Type column, the type is labeled a Rule.
a. Click the } icon to view the template details.
b. Template table details:
i. Code: Unique code assigned to this Rule.
ii. Name: Rule name.
iii. Description: Rule description.
iv. Type: Template type (Template or Rule).
v. Created Date: Date and time the Rule was created.
vi. Link: Not applicable for Rules.
vii. Edit: Click to edit the Rule.
viii. Delete: Click to permanently delete this Rule.
ix. Share (not shown): If the user has this RSign account registered under a company, the Rule may be shared with others within the same company.
1. Share Template/Rule setting must be enabled to share a template or rule.
2. Clicking the Share link to share the Rule with others within a customer account
Send a Document using the Rule Feature
1. Click the Send tab.
2. Optional: Make any necessary modifications the options and settings.
3. Press the + Document button and select a document. Altenrativly, you can drag and drop a document onto the white space below “ATTACH FILES”.
4. When + Document is selected, select the Drive you wish to access the document from. Once opened find the document(s) and attach them.
5. The uploaded documents will appear in the ATTACH FILES panel with the file name and document size.
6. Press the + Rule button and select the rule from the pop-up menu and press the green check box.
Note: You can also select the Rule first and then upload a document using the +Documents button.
7. Add the recipient name and email address in the correct fields.
8. Modify the subject and email body if applicable.
9. Press Next.
10. Review the document. The document should be loaded with the fillable field controls as set by the Rule. Add or delete any other fillable field controls as necessary.
11. Press Send.
12 After pressing Send, you will then be brought to the MANAGE tab where you can view the sent envelope.
Signing a Document Sent as a Rule
1. Open the invitation email and click the View & Sign Document button.
2. A new tab will open in the signer’s default web browser with the document visible. The document contains the customer’s information and the Rule, the signature in this case, is added to the document in the location it was placed when the template was created.
3. Press Submit.
4. After the Submit button is clicked, the signer is brought to a web page letting the signer know the process is complete. Note, the user has an option to direct the signer to another website with some plans.
5. The sender and signer receive an email with the signed document attached or available online.
6. The signed document contains the customer information generated in the document prior to sending, and the signature and any other information added during the signing process.