Many situations require an RSign document to be filled out by multiple signers in sequential order. Using the Sign in Sequence option allows you to send documents to multiple people for signing in sequential order rather than on a first-come basis.
Enabling Sign in Sequence:
In the SEND tab under the ADD RECIPIENTS section, you, the Sender, may enable or disable the option of Sign in Sequence for the envelope.
If Sign in Sequence is checked: The RSign document will be sent in sequential order to each recipient based on the number in the Order column. Once the first person signs and completes the document, only then will the RSign document be sent to the second signer, etc.
If Sign in Sequence is unchecked: The RSign document will be sent to all recipients to sign simultaneously.
The Order column determines the order in which recipients will receive the RSign document. You have two options to assign sequential signing:
1. You, the Sender, can manually enter the number in the Order column to indicate the sequence the RSign document should be signed.
2. You can click the Sign in Sequence checkbox This will automatically assign a sequence for Signers based on the order they are entered, top to bottom. The order sequence will also be locked. To make changes to the sending in sequence order, you can uncheck the Sign in Sequence checkbox and manually enter the required order for the recipients.
In the SETTINGS tab, under GENERAL SETTINGS, you or an Admin have the option to enable or disable Sign in Sequence.
1. Options: Lists the setting Sign in Sequence.
2. Display: Controls if Sign in Sequence will be active, disabled or viewable in the Send
a. Active: Sign in Sequence checkbox will be visible in the ADD RECIPIENTS section in the SEND
b. Disable: Sign in Sequence will not be visible in the SEND
c. View Only: Sign in Sequence will be visible in the SEND tab but will not be able to be checked. The setting will be displayed for reference only.
3. Default Value: Lists the default value for Sign-in Sequence. The value will determine if the Sign in Sequence checkbox in the Send tab under ADD RECIPIENTS is checked or not.
a. Y: Sign in Sequence checkbox is checked by default and therefore, all signers will have a predefined signing order of the RSign Document. The order is based on the order recipients are entered under ADD RECIPIENTS.
b. N: Sign in Sequence checkbox will be unchecked by default, the RSign document will be sent out to all signers at once where each recipient can sign the RSign document on a first-come basis.
If Sign in Sequence is enabled, recipients will receive the signing request email based on the number they were assigned in “Step 1: Prepare”, when the document was being prepared. The first signer must sign and complete the RSign document before the Signature request email is sent to the second signer to sign the document. This sequence will continue until the last signer signs the document, or the transaction is canceled.