Sending a document for signature with RSign involves 2 steps, the first prepares the Envelope (which will 'contain' the document) and the second prepares the Document itself. The first step is outlined below.
To get started, click the SEND tab
You will be brought to the Step 1/2: Envelope page where you will prepare the envelope for the document.
Step 1/2 - Configure the Envelope Options
The options available for the envelope are populated with default values set by an Admin or within the Settings tab. If needed, you can adjust these under the OPTIONS panel.
1. Document Locations:
a. + Document: Allows you to upload documents from a storage drive.
b. + Template: Opens a list of prepared and saved document templates (see Templates guide)
c. Drag and Drop: One or more files can be uploaded directly into RSign by them dragging from a file manager window or desktop, onto the whitespace under ATTACH FILES.
2. When + Document is selected, on the Drives window, browse for the document location and select the files you wish to attach and upload.
3. Files must have one of the following file extensions:
a. PDF: .pdf
b. MS Office: .doc, .docx, .xls, .xlsx, .ppt, .pptx
c. Image: .bmp, .gif, .ico, .jpg, .jpeg, .png
d. Other: .tif, .tiff, .htm, .html, .txt
4. Repeat step two or drag and drop more files to add multiple documents.
5. Uploaded documents will appear in the ATTACH FILES panel with the file name and document size.
6. If two or more files are uploaded, the file order can be rearranged.
a. Rearranging files is done by clicking the six-dot graphic to the left of the file name and dragging the file up or down.
In the ADD RECIPIENTS panel, add the name and email address for each recipient.
1. ORDER: This is the order in which the document is sent to the signers. This setting is only applicable when a document has two or more signers.
2. TYPE: This pull-down represents the role of the recipient.
a. SIGNER: Recipients will be asked to sign the document.
b. Cc: Recipients will receive only the final signed contract after all signers have completed the signing process.
c. PREFILL: The sender can enter any required information in the document on the web screen prior to sending the message. Once the information is complete, the document is sent to the signers.
3. NAME: The signer’s first and last name.
4. EMAIL: The email address of the signer.
5. X: Click this icon to delete a user.
6. SIGN IN SEQUENCE: This box may be checked to send the document for signature, in sequence, to multiple recipients based on the order they are placed in this section.
7. + RECIPIENTS: This button adds another recipient row.
8. ADD ME: This button adds the sender’s name and email address to the bottom of this section as one of the signers.
1. Select a Message Template and/or Type the subject and email body.
2. Leave as default or select another “Message Signature” to end your message if applicable.
Click the Next button
This will bring you to the next screen which is Step 2 of 2 - Prepare the Document