A Rule is defined as a set of form field controls associated with a specific document or form. The Rule feature allows you, the Sender, to prepare a document using the same set of fillable fields like a Template, but instead of having a static document, you can upload a different document requiring similar fillable field sets. This feature allows you to save time by preparing the document with pre-created fillable fields.
In the SETTINGS tab, under ADMIN SETTINGS, you have the option to enable or disable Allow users to create Rules and pre-set a default value.
1. Option: Lists the setting Allow users to create Rules.
2. Default Settings: This column controls if Allow users to create Rules will allow a Template to be saved as a Rule.
a. N: (default): Allow users to create Rules is disabled.
b. Y: Allow users to create Rules is enabled.
Allow Users to Create Rules Set to “Y” Experience
Once Allow Users to Create Rule is enabled, you have the option to create rules from the TEMPLATES tab and use them on from the SEND tab. When the feature is set to Y, the following are available to you:
1. In the Template tab the user can create a rule by clicking Create Template or Rule.
2. Templates can be saved as a Rule.
3. To send a When in the Send tab, the option to assign a rule to a document will become available.