I received an encrypted email and opened the secure PDF but I don’t see the attachments. How do I find them?
RMail delivers encrypted messages in one of two ways; by TLS if available or with the message wrapped inside a 256-bit AES encrypted PDF. Emails received inside the encrypted PDF should be opened using a full PDF reader program versus a web browser’s PDF viewer. This is so recipients may view both the email body and the included attachments which are embedded inside the PDF. RMail recommends opening the encrypted PDF using Adobe Reader as the default PDF program.
- The encrypted PDF must be opened using a PDF reader program like Adobe Reader rather than a web browser viewer.
- Copy the password highlighted in yellow inside of the initial password email.
- In your inbox, click the PDF attachment and download the attached PDF to your computer.
- Locate the PDF on your computer and open it using Adobe Reader.
- If Adobe Reader does not open automatically, select “Open in Adobe Reader” after downloading the PDF. If you don’t have Adobe Reader, download it here: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
- Paste the password into the PDF password box.
- Select the attachments tab on the left-hand column. The icon is a paper clip symbol.
- You should see the email’s attachments listed here