If you need to sign or fill out portions of a contract before sending it for signature you can do so by using the Prefill option when under “Add Recipients” when choosing who to send this contract to.
1. Click the SEND tab is brought to the Step 1: Envelope page containing the following sections:
2. Configure Options, Attach Files and add Message Text as normal.
3. Add Recipients.
a. Select Prefill in the Type This will automatically populate your (the sender’s) name and email.
b. In the ADD RECIPIENTS panel, add the name and email address for each recipient as normal.
4. Click the Next button
5. Prepare the Document: using the form field controls drag and drop all necessary fields into the document.
6. When each individual form field control is dropped into the document, an options menu will appear corresponding with the dropped form field. The menu will provide you with options on how to configure this field.
a. On fields, you wish to prefill, under “Signer” select your name with the (P) at the end. The (P) is to indicate the prefill signer.
7. Click the Next Button
8. You will then be taken to Step 3: Prefill.
9. Here you (the Sender) will complete all self-assigned form field controls.
10. Once you have filled out all form fields press Submit.
11. The document is now sent to additional recipients for signature. The pre-fill form field controls completed by the sender will be visible when the document is viewed by other signers and will remain on the final signed and completed document.