You can update and resend a transaction if it has not been viewed by anyone who was sent a signature request or Cc'd yet. This is useful if you need to correct a mistake but have already sent the document, or if any information needs to be updated.
- In the Manage tab, locate the envelope that is to be updated. Envelopes may only be modified if they have the status of Waiting for Signature in the Current Status column and have not been opened by any user.
- Expand the envelope by clicking the } icon and click the Update and Re-Send
- You will then be brought to the “Step 1/2 Prepare” page. Once you click the link you can make any necessary changes to the envelope with an exception to the Add Message section which cannot be changed.
- Once you have completed editing the document, the document can be re-sent by clicking Update and Re-Send
- You will then be brought back to the manage page.
- You can access the Update and Re-Send button again, provided that all previous conditions are met.
- Once the document has been updated and resent, the signer(s) will receive a new email informing him or her to sign the updated document. This email will contain the word “Updated:” which will precede the original subject on the subject line. When the signer clicks the View & Sign Document button, he or she will be directed to the signing page. The rest of this process will be the same as the standard signing process.
- If the signer clicks the signing request link in any email before the “Updated:” email, he or she will be taken to page where that signer will be informed the link he or she clicked is out of date and to look for an email with an updated link in his or her email inbox. If the signer does not find the email in his or her inbox the signer can click the resend link button provided within the page and a new copy of the email will be directed to his or her inbox.
- If a signer clicks the link to sign the document while the sender is still in the process of updating and re-sending the document, the signer will be brought to a page with a message “The sender is updating the document at this time. Please try again shortly.”