You can update and re-send a transaction if it has not been viewed by none of the recipients of the signature request yet. This is useful if you need to correct a mistake but have already sent the document, or if any information needs to be updated.
1. In the Envelopes tab, locate the envelope that is to be updated. Envelopes may only be modified if they have the status of Waiting for Signature in the Current Status column and have not been opened by any user.
2. Expand the envelope by clicking on the caret icon and select the Update and Re-Send option from the drop down menu.
3. You will then be taken to the “Step 1/2 Prepare” page, where you can make any necessary changes to the envelope with an exception to the Add Message section which cannot be changed. When finished, click on Next.
4. Once you have completed editing the document, it can be re-sent by clicking on Update and Re-Send
5. You will then be taken back to the Envelopes page.
6. You can access the Update and Re-Send button again, provided that all previous conditions are met.
Once the document has been updated and resent, the signers will receive a new email asking them to sign the updated document. This email will contain the word “Updated” which will precede the original subject on the subject line. When the signer clicks on the View & Sign Document button, they will be directed to the signing page. The rest of this process will be the same as the standard signing process.
If the signer clicks on the signing request link in any email before the “Updated” email, they will be taken to a page where the signer will be informed the link they clicked on is out of date and to look for an email with an updated link in their email inbox. If the signer does not find the email in their inbox, they can click on the resend link button provided within the page and a new copy of the email will be directed to their inbox.
If a signer clicks on the link to sign the document while the sender is still in the process of updating and re-sending the document, the signer will be taken to a page with a message, “The sender is updating the document at this time. Please try again shortly.”