When a document or template is sent using RSign, an 'envelope' is created, analogous in function to a traditional paper envelope, to contain the documents and record the details of the sending transaction. You can view & manage your own document envelope information after sending documents or templates via the ENVELOPES tab.
The Search Bar appears at the top of the page, with fields for From Date, To Date, Recipient, Subject, Envelope Code and a Current Status drop-down, followed by two green buttons, Submit and Clear. The search bar allows users to filter the envelopes by entering data into each of these fields.
To filter the sent documents based on their status, the Current Status filter dropdown can be used. You can select the status from the dropdown and press Submit to view the results.
Current Status Definitions:
- Awaiting my Signature: Displays the pending envelopes that are sent to the logged-in RSign user for signing.
- Completed: Displays all signed and completed envelopes from within the company.
- Expiring Soon: Displays all pending envelopes within the company that will expire within the next 7 days.
- Incomplete and Expired: Displays all pending envelopes within the company that have expired.
- Waiting for Signature: Displays all envelopes within the company that were sent for signing and are still pending one or more signatures.
- Terminated: This filter will display all envelopes within the company that were rejected/terminated by signers.
- Transaction Cancelled: This filter will display all envelopes within the company a signer or the sender had canceled before they were completed.
Positioned just below the Search Bar you will find the Envelope Columns, containing the basic information about each of your RSign documents and the 'envelope' which they were sent in.
- Sent : This column lists the date and time when the envelope was sent for signing.
- Envelope ID : This column lists the system generated unique code which is assigned to the envelopes sent from the RSign system. These codes can be treated as the identifier of the envelopes within RSign.
- Subject : This column lists the subject of the sent envelope.
- Current Status : This column lists the latest status of the sent envelopes. The value of this column is updated based on the actions taken on the envelope.
- Completed : This column displays the date and time when the envelope was completed. The value of this column is updated based on the actions taken on the envelope. If the document is Waiting for Signature and the expiration date is within 7 days, then this column would show the expiration date information.
- Sender : This column lists the user who has sent the signature request of each envelope.
- Recipient : This column lists the recipient of each envelope.
You can customize the columns layout by clicking on the columns icon.
You can also export the resulting list of envelopes as a CSV file by clicking on the export icon.
When the drop-down arrow icon is clicked on, the envelope information is expanded to include the details of that transaction.
- Envelope ID: The unique code for this transaction
- Sender: The name of the sender of this envelope.
- Recipients: The email address of the recipients of this envelope.
- Sign in Sequence: Shows if the document was sent for sequential signing (Yes) or first-come (No)
- Access Authentication: Specifies if a password was required for the recipient to open the message or if the signer was requested to identify themselves before signing.
- Envelope Settings: Click on “View Settings” to view the settings and configurations of this envelope. This includes the envelope code, General Settings, Admin Settings, and System Settings. The Envelope Settings can be printed or downloaded by clicking the “Print” or “Download” icons in the upper right-hand corner respectively
- Is Updated: Shows if a document was updated and re-sent.
- Rule: Specifies if a Rule was used when creating the document.
- Template: Shows the name of the template sent.
- Password: Shows the access code to open signed.
Date & Time Stamp: Date and time the original document was sent.
Status: Current status of the document includes the following states:
- Waiting for Signature
- Update and Resend
- Incomplete and Expired
- Transaction Cancelled
Recipient: Recipient name and email address.
Original Recipient: Original recipient name and email address if the document is delegated to another signer.
Updated By: Name and email address of the user that resends a document.
IP Address: IP Address from where the document was sent (sender) and from the addresses the document was opened (Signer).
Delivery Status: It shows whether the delivery was successful or failed.
Click on the green envelope on the right to display the available envelope actions.
- Re-Send: When the document is still Waiting for Signature the sender can re-send the document to any or all pending signers.
- Update and Re-send: The sender may edit the original sent document and send it again to be signed.
- Cancel Transaction: Press this option to cancel the transaction. Click on the green checkmark to confirm.
- Copy: It creates a new envelope with the same information as the one being copied. It includes the same attachment, the same recipient and email body.
- More actions: Brings up the Manage Envelope window.
Note: The available envelope actions options may vary depending on the envelope status.
- Original Document: Click on the download icon to download the original attached document.
- Email Body: Displays the text of the initial signature request email. This will appear dependent on if “Store Email Body” is set to “Y” in the Settings
- Signature Certificate: Click on the download icon to download the signature certificate for this envelope. This column will appear only when the document is signed and completed.
- Contracts: Click the download icon to download the signed document.
- Envelope Data: Click on the download icon to download the XML Envelope Data.
Note: The available information in the Manage Envelope window may vary depending on the envelope status. You may also be able to delete some elements, depending on your account settings.