The Acknowledgement email is a placeholder until the Registered Receipt email is generated.
Immediately after sending an RMail message, the sender is issued an Acknowledgement email letting them know their email was received at the RPost cloud. This email is the sender’s proof of sending, and proof the message was successfully inducted into the RPost Cloud for processing.
The Acknowledgment may be disabled in the options panel of the RPost software.
- The Acknowledgement email is only sent to the sender.
- The Acknowledgement email is optional and may be disabled in RPortal and/or the sending App if the sender is interested in only receiving the Registered Receipt email for each RMail message sent.
- The Acknowledgement email is sent to the user as soon as the message is received at the RPost Cloud.
- The information in the Acknowledgement email is also contained in the Registered Receipt email.
- The Acknowledgement email is not able to be forwarded for verification like the Registered Receipt email.
- RPost does not store a copy of the Acknowledgement Email.
- The Acknowledgement email is received in the sender’s inbox and not filed in the “RMail Receipts” folder.
- Only the “To” and “Cc” addresses are displayed in the Acknowledgement email. Not the “Bcc” addresses.
- The Message ID on the Acknowledgement email will match the Message ID on the Registered Receipt email.
Image of the Acknowledgement Email
Acknowledgement Email in Detail
- The sending address is firstname.lastname@example.org
- The subject is Ack: <Your Subject>
- To: Recipients in the sender’s “To” field
- Cc: Recipients in the sender’s “Cc” field
- Received by RMail: The time the email was received at the RPost Cloud in both UTC and local time zones
- Tracking Number: This is a unique number assigned and used to identify this specific transaction. No two messages have the same Tracking Number.
- Client Code: Senders may assign a client/reference/matter code to an RMail message by adding the code at the time of sending from the sending App. The code is documented on both the Registered Receipt email in the “Message Envelope” section and in the “Client Code” column of the usage reports.