The RMail App for Outlook desktop requires a one-time registration after the App is downloaded and installed (see screenshots below).
- Within Outlook: Go to FILE > RMail Options.
- Click on “RMail Account” in the RPost Options window
- Verify that the email address is correct.
If you have not yet registered your new RPost button you need to do so now.
- Click “Resend Activation Link” ** which will send you an activation email
- Go to your inbox and click on the registration activation link
- This should open a webpage that confirms the activation.
** NOTE: If the “Resend Activation Link” is grayed out, stop these steps and move onto
Otherwise, proceed to the steps below.
Once Outlook is re-opened after installation, the user must click on the activation link in the RMail Activation Email sent from firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registration for the RMail service is required for the following reasons:
- The RMail App for Outlook used a token to verify the identity of the sender. This is used for added security to confirm the sender’s identity.
- The LargeMail, Large File Transfer service, uses an asynchronous web services connection to securely upload the to the RMail Cloud. The one-time log-in is required to confirm the identity of the sender using this feature.
- The back-end RPortal settings page requires a username and password so users may log in and view their usage and settings.