The Register Reply feature may be selected if a user would like to record the reply of an RMail message as an RMail message to receive a Registered Receipt email for the reply.
- The recipient only presses the ‘Reply’ button on their mail program. No setup required.
- The original sender receives a receipt for both the email sent and the reply email.
- The user that is replying to the original message does not receive a Registered Receipt message.
- If a message was sent using the “Unmarked” feature, the registered reply email is returned to the recipient without any banner or markings.
- If the original message was sent “Marked as a Registered Email™ message”, the following text is added below the banner, “Your reply will be returned as a Registered Email message.”
- The Registered Receipt email returned to the original sender for the register replied email contains the information of both the email sent and the reply.
- The register reply message is counted towards the sender’s usage plan.
- The service works by changing the “Reply To” address to an address with a hash routing the email back to the original sender and associating it to the original email sent. See below.