The Document Availability setting provides the ability to specify the timeframe for which the document is available for e-signature. Once the time has elapsed recipient(s) would see the following message upon clicking “View and Sign”:
“This envelope is expired. The document sent for signature is expired. Please contact the sender for more information or to have them resend an updated version.”
The SETTINGS tab should be available for all RSign® user roles (RPost® Super Admin, RSign Support, Customer Admin, and User). This setting is available under the COMPANY and PERSONAL tab.
- Click the SETTINGS > Sending.
The Sending settings menu displays the Option and the visibility settings including Display on Send Tab, plus the Default Settings, Override User Settings & Lock Settings.
- Scroll down the Option column and select Document Availability to manage or change the default settings.
Document Availability has the following defaults and options.
Display on Send Tab: The active option is selected by default.
- Active: Allows users to select a timeframe option from the document availability drop-down field in the SEND tab.
- Disable: Document Availability drop-down field will not be visible in the SEND tab.
- View Only: Document Availability drop-down field will be visible in the SEND tab but is disabled.
Default Settings: 30 days is selected as the default document availability before the envelope expires and can no longer be signed.
Document availability options are available from the drop-down menu. These include: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 10, 14, 30, 60, and 90 days.
If enabled, Document Availability will appear in the SEND tab like this.