The Access Authentication setting provides the ability to add a password or code required for the recipient to open the message for added security.
The SETTINGS tab is available for all RSign® user roles (Customer Admin, and User). Users assigned the administrator roles can view the PERSONAL and the COMPANY subtab and override user-level settings.
This setting, Access Authentication, is available under the COMPANY and PERSONAL tabs. If you do not see the options described in this article and wish to add them, please contact your RPost Customer Success or Sales representative to enable them.
1. Click on SETTINGS
2. From the left-hand available options, click on the Sending tab and look for the Access Authentication setting.
Access Authentication has the following defaults and options:
Display on Send Tab: The Active option is selected by default. The options do the following.
- Active: Allows users to select Access Authentication, “End-to-End” or “Required To Open Signed”, or "Signer Verification" from the drop-down field in the SEND tab.
- Disable: Access Authentication drop-down field will not be visible in the SEND tab.
- View Only: Access Authentication drop-down field will be visible in the SEND tab but is not editable.
Default Settings: The default setting is not set to one of the three options. Either “End-to-End”, “Required To Open Signed”, or "Signer Verification" can be selected in the drop-down menu.
- End-to-End: If End-to-End is selected, a password will need to be entered in the text box and will be required for the recipient to view and sign the document and to view the signed document. The password will be sent to the recipient’s email address.
- Required To Open Signed: If Required To Open Signed is selected, no password will be needed to view and sign the document, but a password will be needed to open the signed document. The password will be sent to the recipient’s email address once the document is signed and submitted.
- Signer Verification: If Signer Verification is selected, the signer will be required to enter a 6-digit verification code that is sent to them to open and sign the document.
If End-to-End or Require To Open Signed are selected in the SEND tab and the password text box is left blank, a random password will be generated and sent to the recipient’s email address.