The Access Authentication setting provides the ability to add a password or code required for the recipient to open the message for added security. This has two options: “End-to-End” and “Required to Open Signed”.
The SETTINGS tab should be available for all RSign® user roles (RPost® Super Admin, RSign Support, Customer Admin, and User). If you are an end-user, you will be able to change your PERSONAL settings. If you use an Admin enabled account, you can change both COMPANY and PERSONAL settings. The Settings Tab includes settings for Admin, Sending, Template, Storage, System, E-Disclosure, Advanced, and Privacy.
This setting, Access Authentication, is available under the COMPANY and PERSONAL tab. If you do not see the options described in this article and wish to add them, please contact your RPost sales or account manager to enable them.
- Click the SETTINGS > Sending.
The Sending settings menu displays the Option column and the visibility settings including Display on Send Tab, plus the Default Settings, Override User Settings & Lock Settings.
- Scroll down the Option column and select Access Authentication to manage or change the default settings.
Access Authentication has the following defaults and options.
Display on Send Tab: The Active option is selected by default. The options do the following.
- Active: Allows users to select Access Authentication, “End-to-End” or “Required To Open Signed”, from the drop-down field in the SEND tab.
- Disable: Access Authentication drop-down field will not be visible in the SEND tab.
- View Only: Access Authentication drop-down field will be visible in the SEND tab but is not editable.
Default Settings: The default setting is not set to one of the two options. Either “End-to-End” or “Required To Open Signed” can be selected in the drop-down menu.
- End-to-End: If End-to-End is selected, a password will need to be entered in the text box and will be required for the recipient to view and sign the document and to view the signed document. The password will be sent to the recipient’s email address.
- Required To Open Signed: If Required To Open Signed is selected, no password will be needed to view and sign the document, but a password will be needed to open the signed document. The password will be sent to the recipient’s email address once the document is signed and submitted.
If End-to-End or Require To Open Signed are selected in the SEND tab and the password text box is left blank, a random password will be generated and sent to the recipient’s email address.
If enabled, Access Authentication will appear in the SEND tab like this.