The Access Authentication setting provides the ability to add a password or code required for the recipient to open the signature request and/or the signed document for added security.
This setting, Access Authentication, is available under the COMPANY and PERSONAL tabs. If you do not see the options described in this article and wish to add them, please contact your RPost Customer Success or Sales representative to enable them.
1. Click on Settings
2. From the left-hand available options, click on the Sending tab and look for the Access Authentication setting.
Access Authentication has the following options:
- None: No password or code is needed to view and sign the document.
- End-to-End: If End-to-End is selected, a password will need to be entered in the text box and will be required for the recipient to view and sign the document and to view the signed document. The password will be sent to the recipient’s email address.
- Required To Open Signed: If Required To Open Signed is selected, no password will be needed to view and sign the document, but a password will be needed to open the signed document. The password will be sent to the recipient’s email address once the document is signed and submitted.
- Signer Verification: If Signer Verification is selected, the signer will be required to enter a 6-digit verification code that is sent to them to open and sign the document.
If End-to-End or Require To Open Signed are selected in the SEND tab and the password text box is left blank, a random password will be generated and sent to the recipient’s email address.